Friday, October 17, 2008

"Heaven gives its glimpses only to those..."

Probably everyone goes through a phase where he/she feels betrayed or denied. It's hard to accept the disappointment when u don't get something which u are made to believe yours and desired too passionately. But won't there be caos if everyone's dreams come true?
Was reading a bengali novel during my Eid vacation...got an interesting piece as quoted below ( no I m not into poetry, particularly if it is in english...but this might give you some food for thought:))
-------------------------------------------
A Passing Glimpse - Rober Frost
-------------------------------------------
I often see flowers from a passing car
That are gone before I can tell what they are.
I want to get out of the train and go back

To see what they were beside the track.
I name all the flowers I am sure they weren't;

Not fireweed loving where woods have burnt--
Not bluebells gracing a tunnel mouth--

Not lupine living on sand and drouth.
Was something brushed across my mind

That no one on earth will ever find?
Heaven gives its glimpses only to those

Not in position to look too close.

No comments: