Sunday, July 20, 2008

Gadgets in our life

Though, I m not a gadget savvy kinda person, still I think, we can not really avoid some of them. e.g., I am on a visit to a foreign land and I have all my contacts in my mail application on the laptop. After reaching my new office, I informed my manager in India about my arrival over the phone but after returning from office, I was missing those post-office adda's, chatting over phones with friends. I felt like calling my friends, but ALAS..all contacts are in my mobile and it's bat is totally drained. Add to the ordeal, the indian power plug does not fit here so could not recharge the cell immediately. I had to email a friend to send me a spreadsheet with all contact numbers which he did immediately after 4/5 days:)
Todo when travelling :
-> Keep a printed copy of all contacts.
-> Keep on taking e-backups of cell numbers stored in your cell once in 3/4 months.
-> There is international power adaptors available ( 10-20$), so take them when you take a laptop, cell with you when travelling a foreign country.

No comments: